The Session House Heritage Centre Tel: 01466 730331

It was designed by Archibald Simpson and built in 1819. It was extended in 1934 when the new Kirkyard was opened.

In the Spring of 2000 the Session House was repaired with HLF funding and made useable by all and provides a valuable local facility.

Heritage Project 2013-14 extended and expanded this facility.
The project repaired and restored the 1870s ceiling, repainted the interior of the Kirk and installed new heaters and lights.

The Session House is equipped as a heritage and family history centre with facilities and support available to the public.

A collection of pictures and photographs has been made and displays the history of Forgue.

A learning pack is available for local children and schools. Information leaflets for the Kirk, as well as illustrated instruction sheets for following the Forgue Past and Present Trails are available.

To hire the Session House and the Kirk telephone Pauline Ingram on 07788 553432.

The Heritage Project 2013-14 and the Bible Restoration 2016 were generously supported by public bodies and by private donors.

 

updated 20 February 2016